Reply by RainSoft

After speaking with our distributor in Iowa, it is our understanding that the brass valve body needs to be replaced, not the entire unit. The valve body is covered under warranty, but the labor involved to replace it is not. Therefore, there is no charge for the part that is needed, only for the labor required to repair the system. The distributor has offered the customer other options, to either repair the existing system or upgrade it. At this time, we are waiting for the distributor to hear back from the customer, regarding what direction they want to go. If you have any questions regarding this post or any other please contact us at customerfocus@rainsoft.com.
Author's
2.7
Additional Fees

I have been a rainsoft customer for 17 years.The system definitely met out needs to provide soft water.

We have had issues and many services calls to fix various problems that have come up over the years. The unit now has completely stopped working and needs many things replaced including the valve body assembly which is shot. A new head was mentioned also by the serviceman at a cost to us. The lifetime warranty does not apply if we have to replace the whole unit????

or if we replace the head or valve body assembly.

I really don't think any cost should be involved for replacement of lifetime warranty items.(my opinion).not a satisfied customer right now...

Review about: Rainsoft Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Repair what needs to be replaced at no cost .

I liked: Lifetime warranty, What i thought was a true lifetime warranty.

I didn't like: Deceptive sales practices.