Reply by RainSoft

This customer had a problem with a problem water system on well water. I am pleased to report that it’s been almost 90 days since this was resolved and the customer now has great water. Our local dealer went and visited the customer and came up with a plan to resolve the problem. The customer’s comments are posted below Update to my water condition. Jason took all of 15 min to acknowledge and determine that we have a Iron bacteria problem. The system we have doesn’t have a treatment inline for this type of water. He was embarrassed that from the salesperson to every person out here before him didn’t realize this. The fact we had a chlorinator system before meant we should have had one sold to us. That is what we needed. The system we have is great for municipal water. He’s having a crew install the right water system on Friday at 11:00am. He’s a really nice guy that seems to know the RainSoft products and has water problem solving skills. I think there will be some training in store for his staff in the near future. I’m looking forward to clean water. I’ll keep you posted. If anyone has questions about this issue or any other please contact me at customerfocus@rainsoft.com
Author's
Orlando, Florida

My Rains Soft water treatment system is horrible. It doesn't work as advertised. I get dirty water out of my sink taps, toilets showers about 3 - 4 days a week. The system has been in place for about a year and my water has been worse than it was on the softener and chlorinator we had previously which they hauled away after installing the Rain Soft system. I paid $5000 for this system. I've complained, FL & Energy Water & Air have sent tech's out at least once a month. The problem still continues. What do i do next? I'm trying to contact the corporate office. Someone has got to stop running me around and fix this thing. It needs to work as advertised by their sales person Louella said it would. The "liquid Soap Products" suck. They do not clean anything. We were told that these products along with the beautiful clean rain soft water would be all we need to keep our home clean and spotless. Yeah right, we have water stains on everything!!! I can't keep the toilets clean, shower stalls clean, our clothes smell after washing them. We are at our wits end. My wife is ready to leave me because I pulled the trigger on the $5000 water system when the one we had was adequate, the only problem I had grown tired of was having to mess with liquid chlorine and constantly trying to get the right amount in the chlorinating tank so the water didn't smell like chlorine. I was looking for a "hands off "water purification system. Louella came to our home and spent just over 3 hours showing us all these amazing things Rain Soft water can do and the "Liquid Soap Products". How bad and horrible our water was, she did some many tests to make the water yellow, brown, pruple and it was disgusting. She wouldn't drink our water, she said bottle water was bad to, spring water had animal *** in it. I was convinced we HAD TO HAVE this Rain Soft water system, then she told me the price $8500. I laughed at her. I told her there is no way we would pay that much even if the water turned to gold coming out of the tap and asked her to leave. Well she wouldn't leave, she said she just couldn't live with herself knowing we had such bad water and then made some calls outside. She came back in and said $6500. Again I told her this wasn't going to work for us. We just don't have that kind of money. She finally said ok we can have it for their cost, $5000 that she was only gonna make $100 but I had to give them my existing softener and chlorinator on trade. My wife didn't want to do it, it was still too much money. I'm a salesman that's what I do. I had to tough negotiate with my wife to get this unbelievable, life changing, I'll never have to mix chlorine again water purification system. This was the best water on the planet. We'll never have to clean anything ever again. We'll have pure water, life couldn't be better. We'll be healthier, we'll save so much money because you only have to use a teeny tiny amount of their concentrated "Liquid Soap Products".

The system was installed April 2010 by FL & Energy Water & Air. They came out to fix it around 2 times a month through September 2010. I don't have all of the service work orders but I have 6 of them dating through late August, and 2 more from April & May 2011. They didn't always give me a copy. I even tried to reach the sales person Loella and couldn't get her to call me after repeated attempts. I haven't seen or spoken to her since the day she demoed the product and sold us on Rain Soft. Jude, the service tech asked that I give a few months before calling them for service work on that last trip Sept, 2010. He said that the system needed time to adjust and settle in. Well nothing changed in the water quality. During those few months through Nov 2010 we still had dirty water and all the associated problems. The holidays were upon us and we got caught up in them and didn't make a service call. I am a business owner and became very very busy after the first of the year. It is my busiest season Jan. – April. I work long hours and 7 day weeks. My wife is a CPA and she does the same. I thought my wife had called in service work and she thought I had been taking care of it. In Feb 2011 we started getting solicitation calls from Rain Soft to do warranty maintenance work on the system. They were going to charge me for this. I argued with them that the system had never worked as advertised and no sense doing maintenance on a system that doesn't work especially at my expense. I resumed the service work requests to get the problem fixed once and for all, March 2011. I called corporate and spoke to a woman there that sympathized with my story but said she couldn't do anything that I had to talk with FL & Energy Water & Air. She was going to call the owner of FL & Energy Water & Air on my behalf and have him contact me. No one ever called not from corporate or FL & Energy Water & Air. I reluctantly called them because I had no choice but they hadn't fixed anything on the system since it was installed. I ask to speak to the owner, why not go directly to the top. I spoke to a young man and he swore he'd get my message to him after hearing my story and the owner would get right back with me. I didn't get a call. I waited two weeks and repeated my calls and requests about every 3 days when our water would be dirty as it served as a constant reminder and soon to be reason for a divorce. I finally asked to speak to someone who runs the business, a manager, supervisor, someone…… I talked with a "man in charge" Scott at FL & Energy Water & Air. He was upset with me that I hadn't called in a service order from Nov 2010, even after I explained why. He assured me the problem would get fixed. They kept sending the same tech out however, Jude, that had come out all the previous times last year. This went on for about 3 or four service calls and finally last week, May 5th, 2011 a new tech came out, Mike M. I told him my story, I showed him the shower stalls and how disgusting they are and that they look like this weekly, and the toilets black ring that appears over and over and over every other day, and the smell of the water, the smell of our clean clothes and bath towels, the water stains on the glass in the master bath shower stall, the stains on our wine glasses, pots and pans, everything. He suggested we put bleach discs in our toilet tanks to keep those clean that because the water was so clean it draws bacteria and the dark rings that appear every other day is bacteria???? What?? really??? We did it, I am tired of having to clean the toilets as often as we do. I'll try anything to lessen the work load. Do you know how embarrassing it is to have family and company over and have dirty toilet water. It looks like someone forgot to flush, 3 – 4 days a week!!!!! Mike M. inspected the system and said a seal was broken and all clogged up and that was the problem and everything should be fine. He was at the house for about 20-30 minutes. Well today is Mother's day May 8th, 2011 and the water was brown again out of the faucets, sinks, showers and toilets. Nothing has changed. It's the same old problem.

My wife has contacts. She puts them in the mornings and has to use the water from our reverse osmosis tap in the kitchen every day because the water from our master bathroom tap is brown and smelly. There is a two gallon storage tank for the osmosis water. We use this to cook, to drink. The water from our tap to us is not drinkable. Taking a shower is awful, you don't feel clan and you smell. Our clothes have a distinct pissy smell. We thought it was the "Liquid Soap Products" not cleaning them. Those products didn't clean anything, It isn't concentrated. We had to use double just to get the clothes to smell tolerable. We finally gave up on the "Liquid Soap Products" and went back to regular laundry detergents, we've tried every brand we can to make the clothes smell better. We even bought a new washer and dryer. It's the water!!

I want my $5000 refunded or for the love of God please fix this system to work like it was advertised to work. Put in a new system whatever it takes. I've asked FL & Energy Water & Air to come out and do the sales presentation all over again. Come out and show me what this water system is supposed to do. I have pictures I'd be happy to share with the world just email me at rockinlen@cfl.rr.com I will not stop trying to get this resolved. I can call my local TV networks to do a story. I can start an anti Rain Soft Facebook page and website. This will get resolved.

Leonard Jenkins

Review about: Rainsoft Water Conditioning System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with RainSoft?

Comments

Paul Carney

I to am totally dissatisfied with my Rain Soft system It,,s paid for now but if I knew then what I know now I never would have let that salesman in the door.A complete waste of $5000.0.

And that "free"soap and other cleaners,another rip off. The odor that *** lets out is terrible. My water bill increased $60.00a month because of this p.o.s. I will make it my mission in life to let as many people as I can to stay as far away from Rain Soft.

I have shut my system down and it will sit there like a dinosaur.What a waste of money.@@

Alton B

I have to say i to am very dissatisfied with the system as a whole.I've one annual service in which the teck changed onlt two of the three filters in the RO drinking water system.

Of course it was the primary RO element he did not change probably cause he didnt have one on his truck. This i can say with confidence as he left the fiber filters as evidence and not the RO. My wife informed me the RO system is not dispensing water like it used to and after checking all three filters I observed the orginal osmosis element still in the system. Replacement filters are very expensive and some what hard to locate.

As for the product The laundry detergent is a JOKE!!!! They delivered to me products of different lot values, to which one lot was old and out dated. The product was smelly and old and we were *** enough to wash our clothes in it. After contacting the regional office we received replacement product which is very different to the original.

Were going back to Tide and Purex.

The only good thing I can say the system has cut down on the hard water into our home.

We dont have the hardwater residue as my neighbors do on the left and right of us.We all bought new homes at the same time and we were the only one to install the rain soft system.

Alton B

Were going back to Tide and Purex.

Brent

I worked as a rainsoft tech. I know the system well.

Are you on well water? With a chloronator I am assuming so. If all you have is a softener and no carbon and the color is brownish or rusty looking, You might need iron removal.

Sometimes carbon tanks can harbor stinky bacteria. If you have one, put it in bypass and see what happens over the next few days.

Is the unit using salt? Is there water in the brine tank? What is the model?

Brent

I worked as a rainsoft tech, I know the system well, Are you on well water?With a chloronator I am assuming so.

If all you have is a softener and no carbon and the color is brownish or rusty looking, You might need iron removal. Sometimes carbon tanks can harbor sticky bacteria. If you have on, out it in bypass and see what happens over the next few days. Is the unit using salt?

Is ther water in the brine tank?What is the model?

raintech
#320862

Judy is the only service tech that works out of the Melbourne office that's why he keeps coming out.Call and try to get scott to out to your house he is a very knowledgeable person with those kinds of situations but is incredibly busy.

I would be skeptical about it not working the whole time either if there was a couple of month laps in u getting people out there for a 30 call. Really how could u not think or forget about your water being that nasty for a day let alone a month no matter how busy I are u shill shower and brush your teeth in it.

If you are persistent enough (which I know you shouldn't have to be) they will fix it I am 100% sure of that.I hope things work out for you!

Longview user

I'm so glad I saw these comments.I had a representative come out last week and they told me how acidic my water was, etc, etc.

I didn't sign a contract..I'm so glad I didn't.Thanks for the post & warning!

Patrick Pearson

I too was suckered into buy this hunk of junk.But for more that you paid..$6950 is what I got it for.

My reverse osmose water taste like the bottled water I used to avoid buying.Their soap is a joke and IT COST WAY TOO MUCH....I'm trying to get it taken out of my house I want it gone.

EDOBRIEN58

Anything I can do or join to combat this rip off company I will. They got me for the 6000.00 and I still cant believe I did it. What a rip off.

One and the same

Headley and Charles would have you believe that they're actually different people. They're not.

comments