Show reviews that mention
water system rain soft service home money home depot rain house sales
Filter review

What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by RainSoft. Verified testimonials on Pissed Consumer is a paid feature of the platform.

RainSoft in Nashville - Great Company

RainSoft
We love our RainSoft system and appreciate it every day. Yes, expensive, but worth it!! Like Our salesperson was great and upon his arrival, my husband and I were braced to say no to any high pressure sales tactics. We were pleasantly surprised and impressed with his knowledge of the product and evaluation of our water. We purchased this without hesitancy and have no regrets whatsoever! Our water is appreciated every day, and benefits are numerous. We are also happy that our pets have this wonderful water to enjoy! All of the employees associated with our experience have been very helpful also.

Rainsoft - Good experience

RainSoft
It was expensive but I'll say I think that it was worth it. I've had the system for about 5 years. The grout in my shower was turning discolored until I got rainsoft and that completely stopped all deterioration. Also the shower heads and faucets all over the house were getting corroded due to our city water, but have completed stopped and have been restored to previous condition. The water is great to the taste so all in all worth it. No problem buying, carrying home and adding salt. No problem with the company, they come once a year to change filters. Its been a good experience and I recommend it.

Rainsoft Ec5 Water Conditioning System Review from Lake Elsinore, California

RainSoft
We purchased the EC5 with the drinking water system. WOW! Ive owned water softeners before but ive never had water like this! There truly is a huge difference between water treatment companies and equipment. We are RainSoft customers for life. Chris our salesman was amazing! Very knowledgeable and honest. I highly recommend RainSoft to all of my Arizona neighbors.

Fraud

Terrible service, called office for weeks to get someone to come out and look at our system, no response or call back after several messages left. I cant believe we paid over $5000 for this system that doesnt even seem to filter or soften the water like the scam artist sales member showed us with his smoke and mirrors show. I know because I tested the water quality after installation and compared it to the hose water from outside and they were basically almost exactly the same. These guys are legitimately scam artist and should be taken to court. I got asked again to take a water test through Home Depot and Rain Soft Water systems. So I took the test with their system in place, fairly sure of the results. They of course called me back and told me I had hard water, not knowing their system was in place in our home. So I let the agent give their whole sales gimmick and then said that is funny because I currently have your system in place and now you are telling me I have really hard water and your system is not working?! She apologized several times and was fairly speechless. All in all they were caught with their pants down and yes I plan to take this up the ladder!

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY!!! THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD!

#2031208

I'm having them take the whole system out of my house .

Preferred solution
Full refund or replacement with something that actually works as the original sales agent told us(filters and softens water).
RainSoft's reply to:

Drinking water tank not filling up

Hi Charlette,
To better assist you, please feel free to contact our Technical Support so they may trouble shoot with you over the phone. Our Technical Support is available M-F, Tel# 800-860-7638. Or, if you prefer you may call your local RainSoft provider located in Houston, Quality Water Systems, Tel# 936-756-4999.
Kind Regards.
ID
#2520789 Review #2520789 is a subjective opinion of poster.

We changed our faucet and now the drinking water tank is not filling up. There is water flow and the tank has pressure

I was lied to

BecUi was lied to I was told that I wouldn't have to pay for house hold supplies for the next five years
Atlanta, Georgia

Lousy service, unreliable

We are very sorry for the difficulties Mr. Garrison has experienced with our RainSoft provider. After addressing this matter with our dealer, we understand there appears to have been some miscommunication with the appointments that had been scheduled. Either by the dealer not being able to confirm an appointment on the scheduled day or the cancellation of an appointment. Either way, we are very sorry for the frustration this caused Mr. Garrison.
ID
#2451929 Review #2451929 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Verified Reviewer

After having a Rainsoft system installed, Rainsoft disowns you. I have been scheduled 3 (Three) times for an annual service check.

Three times they failed to show up. Calls are ignored or I get transferred and the lines goes dead. Everyone I spoke to said I have the wrong department and transferred me to someone else. This is the WORST company to do business with.

Putting it mildly, Rainsoft SUCKS!

You can take this post for what it's worth, you've been warned. I will NEVER purchase any product from Rainsoft again.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE RAINSOFT FOR ANYTHING. THEY'RE HORRIBLE!

Servicing

For service on your RainSoft system, please contact A&B Marketing to schedule an appointment.
A & B Marketing, Inc.
6500 Bowden Rd Ste 220
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Phone: (904) 268-0033
Kind Regards.
ID

I need servicing for my RainSoft unit.

RainSoft's reply to:

Lifetime warranty we found out after sale costs us $165.95 a year to keep warranty!!!!

Our dealer in Florida met with the customer last week to address his concerns. The tech explained the warranty on all of the products installed and informed him he can change the filters himself if he prefers. The customer was given the address to his local RainSoft office for any future needs. The customer seemed satisfied now that we have taken the time to explain the warranty and the options available to him. If you have any questions regarding this post, please feel free to contact us at rainsoft.info@pentair.com.
ID

One year to date, on the purchase of our $4000.00 RAINSOFT water purification system and

Reverse Osmosis System we needed a tune up which would COST US $165.95 and $205.00 for new filters on Reverse Osmosis . WHAT????

At 1 year old? Are you kidding me?

Thats what we get for our lifetime warranty?Totally blew this in our sales pitch.

EVERY YEAR !!!! Who pays for a FREE LIFE TIME WARRANTY?

Consumers who buy from RAINSOFT!

User's recommendation: ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS, GET YOUR ANSWERS IN WRITING.

RainSoft's reply to:

I need to speak to a live person

We reached out to our dealer who services Auburndale, Florida and confirmed a service appointment has been scheduled for 11/24/20. We apologize for the frustration the customer experienced with this matter. If you have any questions regarding this post, please contact us at rainsoft.info@pentair.com.
ID

I need service and the customer service number just keeps making stupid offers I am not interested in. I need to speak to someone regarding service on my water softener!!!!!

RainSoft's reply to:

Would like to get rain soft service and account activated

Our dealer in New Castle, Delaware spoke to Ms. Best the other day to see how they can help her. She said it's already been taken care of and has an appointment set for next Wednesday with someone else. We are not sure what the medical alert is in reference to.

Person selling Medical Alert Rain soft was not on the line

Disappointed in "lifetime" warrenty

After reviewing this with our distributor in Florida, it appears the chlorine level in the customer's water supply was high enough that it was effecting the performance of the softener. To best address this problem, it was recommended the customer add a whole house carbon filter in order to remove the chlorine so this problem wouldn't reoccur again, and more importantly so their water is free of chlorine.
Price reduction

I'm disappointed that my RainSoft unit died out less than 5 years of having it installed, I needed to replace it for another $1200.00 and I'm not very happy.

Contact RainSoft Customer Service

Phone:
(800) 621-0660
Contact RainSoft Customer Service

Latest Question

I WANT TO KNOW WHY IS MY SYSTEM PEEPING AGAINNNNNN.

JUST HAD A REPAIR MAN LIKE 6 MONTHS AGO. CAN N OT AFFORD THIS.

Reschedule appointment

We apologize for any inconvenience the service call caused. Please feel free to contact us at rainsoft.info@pentair.com with any questions or if there is anything we can address with your local RainSoft dealer.

Service person came 30 min earlier and didnt call

Terrible customer service

We apologize for the difficulties you experienced with your gift cards. We have addressed this matter with our distributor and understand the cards were emailed to you last week. We appreciate your interest in RainSoft and apologize again for the poor experience. If you have any questions regarding this post, please contact us at rainsoft.info@pentair.com.
Service
Rainsoft Sales Representative
Preferred solution
My 50 dollar home depot gift card we were promised.

Verified Reviewer

My boyfriend and I signed up to get our free water test and we won a 25 dollar gift. They assured us that we did not have to purchase any that the water test was free and the salesman would bring the gift card.

They did not show up for our first appointment and rescheduled us and said we would receive a 50 dollar gift card instead. The guy came and did our free water test and was very nice and polite. We were interested in the system just not right away that we just moved in and needed to figure out bills first that later down the road we would. After they non-stopped called us to get us to purchase their system we quit answering and we told them we did not want to purchase at the moment.

After a 3-hour water test the salesman did give us our paper to fill out for our gift card but needless to say if you don't buy their system right away they don't send you your gift card...

What a scam. Will not be purchasing their system after the way we were treated!

RainSoft's reply to:

Lost numbers for Salt level, capacity @ hardness, also need i block of Salt as we had mold in our downstairs bedroom and everything was tossed out.

For service and support on your RainSoft equipment, please contact our distributor located in Newburgh, NY.
Water, Air, and Solar Consultants
1450 Route 300, Suite 201
Newburgh, NY 12550
Phone: 845-563-0077
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. We can be reached at (800) 860-7638.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

As i stated above, I do need a checkup on our system as all material was thrown out by the company that fixed our rooms. e-mail is petergp63@***.com

User's recommendation: We have been a customer for many years and i hope you would be able tocome and fix our problem. My name is Peter Polis, 63 Parker Lane Shokan, NY 12481 ! (845* ***-****.

Problem with my system

Our dealer in Florida met with the customer yesterday and found their system on bypass. The technician put the system back in the service position and performed an annual maintenance check-up. It was also noted that the customer has an issue with their electrical outlet, which they are having addressed.
ID
#2043892 Review #2043892 is a subjective opinion of poster.

RainSoft - Problem with my system

For some time now my system is not filtering and softening my water. There stains on my refrigerator water dispenser tray, on my dish rack in my tub.

We drink bottle water.

The tech they would send to check my system was horrible. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't.

User's recommendation: Don't buy it.

RainSoft's reply to:

I need new under sink water filters

Please feel free to call us at (800) 860-7638 so that we can put you in touch with your local RainSoft dealer. We can also be reached at rainsoft.info@pentair.com. Thank you.
ID
#1995003 Review #1995003 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Just replacement filters

Im trying to get replacement filters for our under sink 3filter water drinking system

Issues with RainSoft equipment

We have been in touch with our distributor in Pensacola and according to their records there hasn't been a charge for service, to date. The system was installed in July 2017 and maintenance was performed on the system last week.
ID
#1984327 Review #1984327 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Rainsoft Water Conditioning System
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

We had the RainSoft device connected about roughly two years ago and have since had several instances where the connections to the house kept rupturing. Several service fees later we finally got that part fixed.

Now we are having issues with the system itself and they are asking for more service fees to come out and see what the issue is. Each service fee is a blanket $100. And they have come out a total of 4 times so far.

The service to come out should be free. These devices are not cheap and to charge $100 dollars every time someone comes to look at it is ridiculous.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article