Reply by RainSoft

My name is Scott Harmon I am the director of technical service and customer focus for AWTP, LLC – the parent company of RainSoft. We are the manufacturer of RainSoft water treatment equipment. Since 1953, we have worked with our network of independent authorized dealers to provide the finest water treatment equipment in the industry. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not measure up to the standards that we work to uphold. While all our dealers strive for 100% customer satisfaction, we know that there will be times when we fall short of the mark. Based off your feed back you have well water and the system installed may have been a miss application. If this issue has not been resolved you can contact me and we can work through the details regarding what it will take to get you the water quality you expected. RainSoft has been in business for 57 years and makes quality equipment for almost any water problem. I am confident we can solve yours. customerfocus@rainsoft.com
Author's

Do not trust or use this company not only did I get screwed by this company but there are various complaints about them.1 - Failure to honor service estimate or agreement ,2-Number of complaints processed by the BBB Against rainsoft in the last 36 months: 6 , in the last 12 months: 5.3-

This company called us about testing our water and the very first night they tested the water coming out of the kitchen faucet, then they tested the water coming through the "mini" Rainsoft filtration unit and told us how great our water is going to be. Less soap, no scrubbing, soft and clean water. The water did not get soft, the water is terrible. I turned the water on many times and it is orange and muddy and mirky.

Also, it would take care of the sediment in our water and our whole-house sediment filter was removed and then later Rainsoft installed a shoddy sediment filter.

We never had water so bad that it was unusable from our well until they installed their filtration unit. It was supposed to be better. Why is the water worse coming out of their unit?

Ever since we have turned off the Rainsoft filtration unit our water has been great. It is clear and drinkable.

*When Brad took the water sample in December of 2007 and informed us that it had sat on his desk for a week and we had bacteria in our well, he stated that it was the type of bacteria that iron feeds on and it was not harmful for human consumption.

*On March 5, 2008 Brad informed me that we should not drink the water coming from our well that it was harmful because of the bacteria in the water.

*What I don't understand is how can he change his mind and know what kind of bacteria we have in our well. He has not performed any test with a certified lab to determine what kind of bacteria we have in our well. He claims he is a well-water expert. What kind of well-water "expert" is that?I do not trust him to do anything to my water. They have not done anything to earn my trust.

We have been drinking and using this water for 35 years and have not had one single health problem or any kind of problem EXCEPT for after the Rainsoft filtration Unit that was installed on our water line.

Rainsoft's selling practices needs to be checked out! This product was misrepresented to us.

I have never had to deal with such a mess as this is. I can't believe this company refuses to refund us our money. We have not been able to use their unit for months now. We cannot use the water coming out of their system it is so bad.

I hope I am not too repititious, but we need help.

How can anyone pay $5,000 for something that does not function as we were told it would do?

I cannot help but believe that this product has been misrepresented to many others also.

I have sent in a complaint about the Rainsoft filtration system that was purchased 9/17/2007. We did inform the salesman on the evening that he tested our water and we made the purchase that we would NOT pay for this if it did not function as he told us it would. We also told the finance person that came out to inspect the installation that we were NOT paying for this if it did not function as we were told it would. We have had to disconnect the unit because the water coming out of the system is so bad we are unable to use the water.

I want to reiterate: WE HAD A WHOLE HOUSE SEDIMENT FILTER ON OUR HOUSE AND HAD NO PROBLEM WITH OUR WATER. MY HUSBAND PURCHASED THEIR UNIT TO HAVE SOFT WATER. THEY REMOVED OUR SEDIMENT FILTER AND INFORMED US THAT THEIR UNIT WOULD TAKE CARE OF FILTERING OUR WATER. WHY DID THEY REMOVE OUR SEDIMENT FILTER THEN CAME OUT AND PUT IN A SHODDY SEDIMENT FILTER WITH SHODDY PLUMBING (I have pictures of their shoddy unit and work) They have done nothing but misrepresent what their $5,000 product would do. It has caused nothing but PROBLEMS for us. I don't understand why they won't just come and get their unit that is not certified by the Quality Water Association as represented by them. When my son pressured them about getting us a copy of the certification they stated only the plumbing parts were certified for water pressure!

Review about: Rainsoft Filtration System.

Had an Experience with RainSoft?

Comments

Sunrise Manor, Nevada, United States #174084

I don't see why my posts are not useful.I'm hoping and educating people who read this article about A&B.

How is knowledge of this company not useful? Wow!

I wouldn't be suprised if you "TO" actually work there yourself.Disgruntled or not it's the TRUTH :x

I might have found your post valuable, except you come off as a former, disgruntled employee of A&B. May I suggest that you vent elsewhere?

The good: Jacksonville's water sucks.Well water people are crazy for even drinking it!

The shmeal the sales reps give you is educating. The Rain-soft product is useful and get a system, but not from A&B, nor culligan or any other distributor. Get it from the manufacturer yourselves. Here's the bad and let me tell you why...Depending on what water system you use, city or well, If it's cheaper than the 6-10k A&B quotes to you then they are selling you a refurbished model, "shady"....

On newer models, The sales guys alone make 1200 off the top leaving the rest for A&B. " think that's shady"...Plz note, A&B takes away commissions from their sales people depending on the customer's credit and financing they can get but A&B still gets theirs..IF YOU DON'T BUY THE VERY FIRST NIGHT THE SALES GUYS GET ZERO, NOTHING, NADA!!! But the seed is planted, the customer starts thinking maybe they need clean water, THATS WHEN THEIR " FIELD GOAL KICKER" CALLS YOU UP ABOUT 3 DAYS LATER AND SELLS YOU THAT REFURBISHED UNIT ACTING LIKE YOU JUST GOT A GOOD DEAL..." shady". As for the customer's demonstration, A&B's sales pitches are actually written word for word from the managers there.

Most of the workers are good people, just unemployed and need jobs to stay afloat. You have a 2 week class memorizing the script and GOD FORBID you don't do the scripting right. They'll humiliate you, yell at you, become violent.. EVEN AT THE CUSTOMERS HOUSE OVER THE PHONE!!

The...

They wheel and deal with you month to month on how much they should give you. Why, so when you quit you aren't entitled to that money anymore. WHAT A F'IN JOKE!

This company, I could go on all day about what I know!Just know if you either work there or buy from them, YOU'RE THEIR SUCKER !!!!

A month of service

Told by the rep we can cancel any time and they will come out and take the system

Now when we say we want it removed because it is not worth it

we find out rainsoft sold our account to a financing agency..and we have a lien on our home. We cant give it back..we are screwed

Now they are offering us people to refinance our home with to get the money to pay back the rainsoft product.

Are you kidding me..come get the junk out of my home..

So I am reporting it to BBB

I have also spoken to a lawyer.

#119106

Peter...not exactly correct.

The effluent water from a softener can be hard if:

- there is no salt in the brine tank.

- the resin has been damaged or rendered ineffective from exposure to the chlorine found in municipal water supplies.

- improper settings

A Reverse Osmosis system can produce bad water if:

- the filters are not changed when necessary

- storage tanks are not sanitized at required intervals

A Carbon Filter System (whole home) can put out bad water if:

- the carbon media is not changed once the certified gallon capacity has been reached

If you are referring to properly maintained systems, I would agree with your statements. In and of themselves, however, they are inaccurate.

#119034

some of you people need to grow up and stop acting like little babies, AND get a life besides the internet.

Some of these comments are so funny.

I'm surprised no one said rainsoft made them grow a third arm or something like that.

It's NOT possible for a water softener, no matter where you get it, to out put hard water.

It's NOT possible for a reverse osmosis systems, no matter where you get it, to out put bad water or colored water.

It's NOT possible for a carbon filter system, no matter where you get it, to out put bad water or colored water.

That's one bad thing about internet dwellers, they over exaggerate things, and live in some kind of far off world.

Go get laid and have a drink, relax and come back to planet earth.

i worked for rainsoft... they can sell their outdoor system and indoor system for $1,000 and still make a bundle of money!

Hello!My name is Scott Harmon I am the director of technical service and customer focus for AWTP, LLC – the parent company of RainSoft.

We are the manufacturer of RainSoft water treatment equipment. Since 1953, we have worked with our network of independent authorized dealers to provide the finest water treatment equipment in the industry. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our local dealer did not measure up to the standards that we work to uphold. While we promote all of our dealers to strive for 100% customer satisfaction, we know that there will be times when we fall short of the mark.

We know you have a number of choices in terms providing quality water for your family and our dealers are committed to providing the highest quality service in the industry.

Based off you feed back we clearly fell short in meeting your expectations, I would certainly welcome your feedback.Please feel free to contact me at customerfocus@rainsoft.com

comments